This is a detailed screenshot tour of a “standard” electronic confirmation.
This is the home screen when the auditor logs in. From here the auditor can start a new confirm, manage open confirms, review recent response activity, and get help.
- Auditor Navigation Menu
- "What do you want to do?" Quick Start
- Recent Activity Log (what is going on with your confirmations)
- Quick Access to Help and Support
- McAfee Security Certification (tested daily)
Starting a New Confirmation
The auditor screen is where a new confirmation is created. This tour uses a receivable confirmation example but bank confirmations work the same way, replacing the customer contact with a bank contact.
- Entry of audit client contact information
- Entry of customer (responder) and as-of date (balance sheet date) information
- Selection between confirming the total customer receivable balance or a list of invoices (receivable confirms only)
Audit Client Notification
This email is immediately sent to the audit client upon confirmation creation asking them to complete account or invoice information and authorize the confirmation request.
- Secure, encrypted, one-time use link to the audit client section of the confirmation.
Audit Client Confirmation Screen
This screen is what your audit client will see. They complete the account or the invoice information here. Once completed, they will electronically sign authorizing the confirmation on the next screen.
- Auditor information which the audit client must review and confirm
- The confirmation instructions provided by the auditor
- Data entry of accounts or invoices to be confirmed
Auditor's Manage Confirmations Screen
Once the client has completed their portion of the confirmation, the auditor will be notified via email. When the auditor visits this screen, they are able to see the updated confirmation status, as well as the status of all of their other confirmations.
- Outstanding confirmation listing: track status, review details, and follow-up on outstanding confirmations
- Completed confirmation listing: download/print the completed confirmations for the work papers
- Archived confirmation listing: go to the listing of confirmations which you have archived previously, removing them from the manage confirmations screen
Prior to sending the confirmation out to the responder, the auditor must review and approve it, thus verifying that the proper account/invoice information is included on the confirmation and that the responder identified by the client is appropriate.
- Shows the responder information (bank or customer contact) suggested by the client. The auditor may change the responder here if the responder provided is not appropriate.
- Charge notification explaining to the auditor that your card will be charged once the confirmation is sent to the responder.
Responder Notification Email
This email is immediately sent to the responder (bank or customer contact) upon confirmation approval asking them to complete account or invoice balance information and sign the confirmation.
- Secure, encrypted, one-time use link to the responder section of the confirmation.
Responder Confirmation Screen
This screen is what the confirmation responder (bank or client contact) will see. They complete the account or invoice balance here. Once completed, they will electronically sign completing the confirmation on the next screen.
- Confirmation status notification bar (shows final stage for responder)
- The confirmation instructions and authorization information
- Account or invoice balance data entry